Do you ever get in a rut for dinner and go back to the same ole same recipe? That happens to me a lot, especially these easy chicken recipes, and sometimes I want to mix it up while keeping it simple. I came up with this recipe out of the blue one day. I had thawed a roast from our cow one week but didn’t know what to do with it. Usually, I consult my ever growing pile of Paleo cookbooks, or the interwebs, but this time I didn’t have time nor all the intricate ingredients to make a delicious meal…so out came this.
The best part about cooking in the crock pot is setting it and forgetting it (at least until the smell makes you start to salivate)! This roast is super easy and can be used with any kind of cut. I just take out whatever roast is in the freezer and go with that. I have included some step by step photos to give you a good idea of how I do it. This last time I made it I changed it up a bit and think this will be easier for you to do at home.
Note: You can add the paste and liquid either before or after you add the roast.
I hope you enjoy this super easy and tasty recipe!
Easy Italian Crock-Pot Roast
- 3-4 pound beef roast (I used chuck)
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
- 1 cup of water or broth
- 3-5 garlic cloves, peeled
- Italian seasoning
- Sea salt
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes, Cook Time: 10-12 hours on Low, 5-6 hours on High
- Pour water or broth into crock pot and add the can of paste. Mix both together until the paste is incorporated (it doesn’t have to be perfect).
- Place roast in crock pot and generously sprinkle both sides with the sea salt and Italian seasoning.
- Cut slits in the roast and stick garlic cloves in them.
- Cover and cook on Low for 10 – 12 hours or High for 5 – 6 hours, until fork tender.
- Remove and shred with forks. Serve with veggies.