Raise your hand if you love pizza! Now, raise your hand if you love to eat pizza for breakfast!
Okay, so I’m not advocating that you eat pizza all the time, let alone for breakfast, but I have come up with a delicious recipe that you could eat for any meal of the day! I love that it’s easy to make and easy to grab with your hands/portable (just like this post).
I was getting ready for the week, and prepping some egg cupcakes for Josh’s daily breakfast, when I discovered that I had all the ingredients for pizza. I don’t typically keep lunch meat on hand, but sometimes it’s nice to have food at the ready. I had picked up some Applegate Pepperoni and goat cheese the previous week and that got the wheels turning. How about I make pizza portable and for breakfast?! I gave it a shot, made some tweaks, and came up with this delicious recipe. Sadly, since Josh doesn’t like olives he didn’t get to try them (my bad!). You can always add or take out ingredients depending on your likes.
Try it out and let me know what you think! Also, let me know what else you add to tailor them to taste like your favorite pizza.
Pizza Egg Cupcakes
- 1 Tbsp bacon grease or butter, melted
- 8 eggs
- ¼ cup diced pepperoni (I used Applegate)
- 2 Tbsp diced green onions
- ¼ cup sliced olives
- ¼ cup diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup diced mushrooms
- ¼ cup mozzarella or goat cheese (optional)
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp Italian seasoning
Prep Time: 15-20 minutes, Cook Time: 15 minutes, Makes: 9-12 muffins
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line a baking sheet with silicone baking cups and set aside.
- Blend eggs, bacon grease, Italian seasoning and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Using a ¼ cup measuring cup, fill the baking cups ¾ full.
- Put in oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Let cool and eat immediately or store in fridge.